First of all, I just want to make a quick mention about the indie filmmaker dude whose last post was in September of 2008 but is taking my Twitter name of CheckingTheGate on this blogger.
Damn! I hate that! I really wanted to use CheckingTheGate across all social media because when you have been working on the set take after take after take (and some directors make quite a few, but I won't name names - at least not yet - not til I get to know ya'll a bit better) and you finally hear those three magic words...well, it is pretty awesome. Some kind of molecular shift takes place in your body, especially if you happen to be shooting out in the freezing cold with hardly any clothes on, pretending like you are having the time of your life on a hot summer's day, or if you are obliged to undergo some equivalent type of exposure issue. Hey, it's all for art, right?
Anyway, so I checked out this guy's blog, thinking, okay, he got my Twitter moniker, who is he anyway?....and it turns out he is an indie filmmaker who hasn't posted since September 2008. In addition, he only made, in total, two posts as checkingthegate. Pretty much a crime, in my opinion. One is about how the blog will be filled with information for filmmakers and NOT, for sure NOT, social commentary about the state of the world today. Fascinating, since, I am not adverse whatsoever to making comments about all manner of social issues as well as issues related to sex, disease, politics, religion and etiquette.
So, the second post of this "checkingthegate," is about the importance of bartering...and that's about all there is...apart from the obvious fact that the dude is Scot. I actually first typed this in, I must admit, as Scotch and then realized that this would be like calling the guy an alcoholic drink. And we wouldn't want that.
At any rate, I've got to turn in for the night. I've gonna be waiting for "Checking The Gate" early in the morning and ready to go
P.S. for a history of the term "Checking The Gate," check this out:
.http://www.cinema-astoria.com/cinematography/vintagecinema/camera/gate.html
No comments:
Post a Comment